Wednesday, July 22, 2009

.........

We humans are funny creatures. If we really or rather badly want something, we are ready for anything. No matter what, the adrenaline always kicks in and voila we give our all. Be it in love, career or even the simplest of things like common neccesities. So it became no different for me although it has nothing to do with love or career but simply life and a movie.
A sunny day
1:3o p.m
Delhi
200 bucks
and so it went like that. One sunny friday morning, I woke up and decided to go for a movie. I had been waiting for this release since last year and could wait no longer. So I called up a friend who wanted to come along and the two of us set out. We went for a midday show and I'm sure if you've experienced this Delhi summer you'll surely say 'wow'. Even indoors, this heat can drain you out. Venturing out at this time would have been only for important matters, but nothing could outdone our enthusiasm. Braving the heat, me and my friend rushed out as we were almost late. There was a traffic jam and my mind was already planning to watch the part that we would be missing at the first chance that I could. We sort of ran to the venue. We stood in line but much to our relief, a man sold us his tickets. Without hesitation, I shed 200 bucks. Maybe this is nothing for some, but on a student's budget it really is something else. I would have never done this on normal occasions but this was special. We were lucky because the moment we took our seats, the movie started.
It felt good. Satisfying. I don't regret any of the things that I did for this movie.
Being a Potter fan, I'm sure you'll understand.
So go on, don't hesitate and give yourself a treat once in a while. The satisfaction that you get later is worth it. But make these occasions rare, otherwise the worth of it will be underestimated.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed! So who is the hero in Harry Potter;) ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my dear..hahaha..go and grab yoself a copy of harry potter!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. big sis.. i understand... GI Joe en nan ka 200 hi hmang ve mai dn?????[:D]

    ReplyDelete